Jennifer at Peanut Butter and Peppers has come up with a healthy version of the Starbucks Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino and it is DELICIOUS!!
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (I used sweetened)
- 1/3 cup strawberries, frozen
- 6 medium strawberries,fresh, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp, vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. stevia (one packet)
- Freeze coconut milk in a shallow dish. Once frozen, leave on counter to thaw a bit or microwave for about 30 seconds until it’s thawed enough for your blender to handle. Just don’t overheat it.
- In a microwave safe dish add the frozen strawberries and defrost for about 45 seconds. Mash strawberries with a fork. You are looking for the juice of the strawberries.
- In a blender add coocnut milk, vanilla extract, frozen strawberries with the juice, fresh strawberries and stevia. Crush/blend until incorporated about 2 minutes.
So how does it line up nutritionally with the Starbucks competitor??
-Starbucks 12 oz Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino with non-fat milk, no whip:
-Jennifer’s Frappe 12oz: