Peeps Chick Surprise Inside Cupcakes
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full). Bake as directed on box for cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. Using melon baller, scoop out center of each cupcake, about 1 inch deep. Fill each with 1 heaping teaspoonful candies.
4. Spoon frosting into medium bowl; stir in enough food color until desired green color. Frost cupcakes with frosting; sprinkle with colored sugar. Top with yellow PEEPS® chick. Store loosely covered.
Serving Size: 1 Cupcake Calories 260 ( Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 1g ), Cholesterol 25mg Sodium 180mg Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 12g ), Protein 1g ; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%
Easter Egg Cookies
In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, egg, and sugar. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture while beating on low speed. Divide the dough into four balls and knead the food coloring into each portion of dough until the color is even. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour. Unwrap each and press a small portion of each color dough together. Roll into a 12 inch rope and coil the rope into a circle. Pinch the dough together on one end to create an oval “egg” shape. Repeat for remaining dough. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just slightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Melt white chocolate chips in microwave according to package directions and drizzle over cooled cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Cereal Easter Eggs
DIRECTIONS: 1. In a large pan melt butter using medium heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
3. Pour in the cereal and mix to incorporate.
4. Spray plastic eggs with cooking spray. I found it was easiest to use eggs that split vertically. You could just use 1 or 2 eggs for this process as the cereal does not take long to take the shape of the egg.
5. Spoon the cereal mixture into each half of the egg then close egg to form shape. Pop cereal out after about 10 seconds.